LLM Maritime Law
Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University (BSMRMU), Bangladesh offers LLM Programme in Maritime Law under the department of Maritime Law and Policy in Faculty of Maritime Governance and Policy. The main purpose of the Programme is to train the students in relevant areas of International Law of the Sea, Marine Environmental Law, Marine Security Law, Shipping Law, and other related Maritime Laws. Particular emphasis is given on legal concepts, drafting and litigation skills in Maritime Law related subjects.
Duration and Credit of the Programme: The programme is designed with 18 months which is divided into 3 semesters. Total credit of the programme is 48 credits.
Admission Criteria: The following are the admission criteria for this Programme
- A candidate with LLB Degree with minimum CGPA 2.50 or Second Class or equivalent from any public university or from any well reputed private university is eligible for admission.
- A candidate with third division / third class or equivalent at any level of educational examinations (SSC, HSC, and Graduation) is not eligible for admission in this Programme.
- Mariners with minimum 5 years of service experience may apply for Masters in Law Programme. In such case, the degree title will be M. Students of M.Jur Programme will have to complete few additional courses in third semester to fulfill the degree requirements. Additional courses will be determined by the Department.
Admission Procedure: To get admission at this programme, students have to pass written admission test and viva which is 80% and 20% respectively. Pass mark is 40%. The contents of written admission test are:
- English Language and Communication : 25 marks
- Aptitude : 25 marks
- Analytical Ability : 30 marks
Grading System: The university follows the unified UGC grading system.
Department of Maritime Law & Policy, BSMRMU